by Don Marlette
The word “visionary” conjures up a number of images in my mind’s eye: the guru on the mountain top who attracts followers of all stripes, the leader with a mystical look in her eyes who cares more about practical change and less about what people think of her, the rebel who charges ahead, undaunted by opposition on every side – and these are but a few!
At some level, we are all visionaries. Remember the first time that you thought about who you wanted to be when you grew up. Recall the last time you could see yourself in a serious relationship with someone. These are examples of many “visionary moments” we experience. When we allow certain visionary moments to grow and develop into a consuming passion, we pass into the realm of the visionary lifestyle.
How that visionary lifestyle will look depends upon you. I have found numerology to be a helpful tool to discover one’s “visionary type” or mode of visionary life. Once you know your Visionary Type, you can discover your strengths and areas for growth, so that you can live a visionary lifestyle that is in harmony with your highest self.
To discover your own Visionary Type, simply write down the numerical month and day of your birth in the spaces below. Then add them together, and keep adding the individual numbers together until you get a single number. For example, if I were born on August 18, (which becomes 08-18), I would write:
0 + 8 + 1 + 8 = 17 and then… 1 + 7 = 8 = Visionary Type
Now it’s your turn:
__+___+___+___ = _____ and then… ___+___ = ___ = Your Visionary Type
Now that you’ve found your Visionary Type number, match it to the corresponding description below to discover more about your type!
- The Reforming Visionary. Your idealism is key to living out your vision. You have very high standards, and want to be a person of integrity in living them each day. While maintaining a fierce loyalty to your vision, you may have problems with resentment and patience. Stay in the moment and avoid becoming consumed by self-criticism or criticism of others.
- The Helping Visionary. Your ease of expressing your true feelings, unconditional love for others, and ability to connect with others will help you to bring your vision into reality. Living out your vision may be challenging at times, due to a tendency toward becoming sentimental and overly concerned with the opinions of others. Become more emotionally aware and self-nurturing to more effectively make your vision a reality.
- The Results Visionary. Your ability to pull people into your circle of friends will take you far. You can be very driven toward success, and work very hard to be productive and effective in everything you do. Watch out for workaholism and egotism, as you may easily tilt toward burnout or over-concern about your image. Work on becoming more self-accepting and authentic in your relationship with yourself, as well in your relationships with others. A balanced life will help you achieve your vision more effectively than overwork and “burning the midnight oil.”
- The Independent Visionary. Your independence stems from your desire to be more reserved and alone. Solitude is your greatest teacher, as well as the wellspring of your own dynamic creativity. Be careful of falling into self-pity or personal drama; your life is actually better than you may perceive it right now. Good social interactions will help you gain perspective. Strive to become more objective and principled so that you can see your true progress in achieving your goals. You are doing better than you think!
- The Cerebral Visionary. Your constant curiosity, alertness to information, and innovative approaches help you on your path. Your pioneering spirit helps you blaze new trails in making your vision a reality. Because you are very much “in your head”, you may tend toward becoming more isolated and eccentric than you would like. Develop greater self-confidence and decisiveness, so that you don’t become trapped into thinking you have to do everything.
- The Responsible Visionary. You don’t really see yourself as the visionary type! You want to be secure in what you do, so striking out into the unknown is more than a little scary. However, you do have a rebellious streak in you, and that rebelliousness is the hatchery of your true visionary creativity. Get in touch with that, and courageously champion that vision with all your might. Yes, letting go of security can be frightening, but life will become much richer for you when you do.
- The Playful Visionary. Your playfulness, spontaneous and optimistic nature will give you the fuel to achieve your goals. Beware of becoming too impulsive and off-task, however. Once you make a decision, strive to follow through to its completion. Also, get in touch with your own inner pain, as it will help you to become more authentic and reach more people effectively.
- The Challenging Visionary. Your strong self-confidence helps you to forge ahead and get things done, especially in making your vision a reality. Although your assertiveness can help you accomplish great things, be mindful that you do not become intimidating or controlling. Use your strengths to become more inspiring for others and improve their lives.
- The Self-Effacing Visionary. Yes, you want to have a peaceful life and not trouble the waters too much, and there is a way to achieve your goals without stepping on too many toes. Realize that confrontation and occasional conflict are part of the work of manifesting your dreams, and your natural peacefulness and calm will make these confrontations less dramatic than you may fear. Work on becoming more self-developing and self-confident to bring out the best in yourself for the good of others.
Keep in mind these Visionary Types are not set in stone. They are intended to help you see your own strengths, and how you can incorporate them in to your life. Your own unique “stamp” on your Visionary Type is not only important, but necessary for you to articulate, plan and implement a vision and goals that are truly your own.
Have fun adding this to your personal toolbox for making your dreams a reality!
Don Marlette is a powerful intuitive who loves to help people learn to sing their heart song! You can learn more about Don and how to work directly with him, take a class with him or attend his live event on April 2 by clicking here